Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Demo website: ExtJS with Oracle Apex

I like new year resolutions - it gives me an opportunity to set some personal targets for the year.

This year I've decided to put together a website demoing ExtJS and Oracle Apex.
My initial goal was to have it up and running by the end of January.

The downside of new years resolutions is trying to keep them, but for once I've managed.
My website is up for all to see at http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=200801

Admittedly it's not as complete as I'd hoped, but it's a good start.
Over the next few months I'll be blogging about how I've implemented features and anything else that strikes me as worth writing about.

For now, here's a screenshot, and an invitation to poke around the website.



Mark

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks great, how did you do it?

Anonymous said...

very cool ! is it possible to download the apex app. ?

Dimitri Gielis said...

Nicely done Mark,

Dimitri

Anonymous said...

Looks Great. Can I download the APEX app ?

Mark Lancaster said...

Sorry - it's not possible to download the app.
I've developed a lot of the code for my employer, so it's not possible.
What I can do is provide is an overview of how I did it, and some of the potholes and solutions I came up with along the way.

Also I would like others to experiment and come up with hopefully better solutions, which they may choose to share or not.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark, I'm an apex developer and I've not understand how you've made to put apex developer toolbar (I hope it's right) into south region...Is there a particular #variable# that I have to put in south region?

Thanks in advance.
Good day.

Anonymous said...

nice work..

Bhavesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bhavesh said...

Hi Mark,
I am trying to get a date picker which shows monday as the first day. The default apex date picker shows sunday as first day. But I can see on your example here, the default apex date picker has monday as first day.

Is there a way I can also make my default apex date picker to show monday as first day.

Thanks,
BHavesh

Sujay said...

Nice Work!!!

Augusto Germano Silva said...

I couldn't find your demo website. Is it possible to post other link to it? or better, i would like to integrate ExtJS with Oracle Apex, but i really dont know how.
Can u please give me a help?

Thanks in advance.
Good day.

Augusto Germano da Silva